Tuesday, February 19, 2008
WESTCAST 2009
Hi everyone! So as most of you know, I just had the opportunity to attend WESTCAST 2008 teaching conference in Regina. This experience was very motivating and I am pleased to announce to those of you who may not have heard that UVIC will be hosting the conference next school year. There will be many workshops, lectures, key note speakers and entertainment to look forward to. As I will be helping plan this event, does anyone have any suggestions for the types of workshops etc they would like to attend? Or entertainment that would be a good representation of UVIC and/or the west coast? I hope everyone attends as it's sure to be a good time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hi Ara!
Glad to hear you had a good time! I don't have any specific ideas as of yet but seeing as a few of us will be attending the BCTF conference at the end of the month, hopefully we will be able to bring back some great ideas for you!!
Great! I look forward to hearing all about BCTF!!
Ara, I'm not organized enough to give you all of the ideas that I have for this in one posting. I think that it could be most useful to start with lists of names of people to contact.
1) Betty Schultze - author of a book about Language Arts in the primary years
2) Thierry Ponchet - president of the Greater Victoria Teacher's Federation
3) Yves Parizeau - has been very instrumental in local environmental and global education
4) Victor Reece - First Nations carver and storyteller
If this is helpful, I can keep adding more names.
Ara I am happy you had such an amazing time! Can you maybe go over what WESTCAST is? Also, who we can contact or what we can do if we would like to help with this event?
Thanks everyone for your comments. Alison, that's a great start. I especially like the First Nations carver and story teller idea. I'll be attending a meeting about westCAST tomorrow with the faculty and will let you know if i need any more ideas.
Navi, i'm sure EDSA will be quite involved in helping out. If you want to get more information about becoming involved you should go talk to Luanne or Kathy.
westCAST is a teachers conference held for the western provinces. There are a bunch of workshops, lectures and key note speakers and fun activities. It's a good chance to network and see what other universities are doing.
Post a Comment